Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Morning!

As usual, we all spent the night at Grandma Wolfe's house for Christmas Eve.  Em, Caleb and the boys and Todd and Brenna were all there.  Grandma's house is starting to feel pretty small with all those people.  At any rate, here are a few photos of our morning.
Unfortunately dad wasn't there because he had to have emergency surgery on his knee due to an infection.  So things were a little crazy.  Todd came to town a week before Christmas an got the tree for Grandma's.  It was a little Charlie Brown-ish.  But after mom and I gave it a little TLC and decorated it, it didn't look so bad.

The rest of our time in Pittsburgh, Sam and I got to go to a movie with my siblings, visit the Carnegie Museum of Natural History to see the re-vamped dinosaur exhibit, and went to a 5 year class get together with my High School senior class.  We also got to visit with Aunt Nancy, Willie, Miriam and Donnie.  I hadn't seen Aunt Nancy and Willie in quite a while and it had been even longer since I'd seen Miriam and Donnie, so it was so good to be able to catch up.  I am so bad with keeping in touch.

I also discovered that Caribou coffee (my very favorite that I have to get my fill of while I visit) had new, improved mochas.  I was skeptical, but they were really good.  I think I stopped there 7 of the 10 days I was home.  When are they going to open Caribou in California?  One in Lake Forest maybe? Just my business alone would probably be enough to keep them afloat.

No comments: