Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas with the Crocketts

Since Sam and I were going to be in Pittsburgh for actual Christmas, we spent the weekend before pretending it was Christmas.  We went over Friday night after work and had dinner.  I made a yule log for the first time - complete with meringue mushrooms.  It ended up pretty good.  A lot of work but I would probably do it again.

We all spent the night and woke up to a wonderful Christmas breakfast complete with homemade doughnuts before spending the morning opening a TON of gifts.

I made out like a bandit! Ben and Kalyn got me a breadmaker - one of the things I didn't think I needed when I registered for our wedding but found I was really missing.  I got a ton of wonderful gifts.  Sam really out did himself this year.  He got me a beautiful bracelet and an equally beautiful bag.  It's going to be hard for him to top that next Christmas.

The best part of our wonderful "Christmas morning" was that we got to go do it again with more family in just a few days!

No comments: