Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My cat has issues

I came home to both of my flip flops being entirely chewed up. He had already started on one of them, but they are apparently his new favorite chew toy, rendering them entirely unwearable. So at the bottom of the stair by the door they will sit. I'm hoping it will give him an outlet so he won't chew other stuff that he's not supposed to. Perhaps I will take a picture so you can see the extent of the damage.

At any rate. Sam's mom took one of their cats to the vet today (who is also Dexter's vet) and asked about Dex's chewing problem. He seems to think due to the variety of things he likes to chew and the extent of the damage that it might be more than teething; he seems to think it sounds like OCD. I didn't even know cats could have OCD! But of course a behavioral visit would need to take place to evaluate him and perhaps prescribe appropriate medication. Yes, my cat needs to ge have his head shrunk and then will be medicated.

I think he's just mischeivious. I'm hoping he just grows out of it. But so far, that doesn't seem to be happening. He is just getting more and more creative (and destructive) about what he chews.

No comments: