Monday, June 1, 2009

Mc Crape

After seeing a sign not unlike this one on my way to and from work each day (except mine is entirely inflated on TOP of a building and has subsequently had the addition of inflatable people evidently scaling the massive cup o' joe - yeah, people climbing the coffee cup - I'd get a picture if it weren't insanely dangerous for me to be trying to take a picture on that section of freeway, but maybe one of these days). And being bombarded by the unrelenting ad campaign for McDonald's "McCafe" line, I had to try one. Now, I thoroughly enjoy their original iced coffee (particularly the hazelnut), but the other day, I got a nonfat iced mocha. How did it stink? Let me count the ways. The coffee is just not good. I'm pretty sure they added water and chocolate instead of milk and chocolate (to all of you anti-skim milk people, I understand that you think skim is water, but trust me, there's a difference). And to top it all off (literally) the whipped cream isn't good and the annoying requisite chocolate drizzle was the sundae fudge which hardens when it gets cold...so you can imagine.

The one upside was listening to the girl behind me in the drivethrough try to order a coffee like she was at Starbucks. I wanted to get out of the car and explain to her that the starbucks people had not transplanted and started working for McDonalds; rather, it's the same "You want fries with that?" people who are making your espresso beverage. I think I probably should have had that moment myself before ordering an espresso drink at McDonalds. Hind sight's 20/20. Oh well, live and learn, right?

No comments: