Friday, February 20, 2009

Mammoth Weekend


I am moving to Mammoth, I have decided. We drove up Friday afternoon - and were making great time and having a beautiful day - until we got a flat tire. Sam had to work hard to find a tire we could use up there, but we got a new tire on Saturday and spent the day shopping and relaxing at home. Sunday we went snowboarding. My second trip down the bunny hill, I decided I quit and started crying. But after a warm up in the lodge and a cup of coffee, I decided to do one more run...which turned into three. I ended up not hating snowboarding so much, but refused to graduate from the bunny hill. So I ended my snowboarding day on a good note and in a good mood and sent Sam up to the real runs so he could have some fun too. While he was out, I made friends at the bar in the lodge. I highly recommend the Mammoth Mocha. What a fun day! Then we went out to a wonderful dinner at the Mogul. Best moment of the night was when the girl sitting at the table next to us started whining and her mother said, "All these people paid LOTS of money to come have a nice quiet dinner. Now sit down in your chair and be quiet." Seriously and the little girl did exactly that. It was great. I enjoy parents who understand that other people can't tune out the cries of their children like they can. I'm attaching a few photos of the weekend. And in case I haven't mentioned it, I wanna go back.


No comments: