Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Driving through California

So Sam and I drove up to Mammoth for the holiday weekend. But rather than talking about Mammoth or the trip, I think I'll talk about the city of Mojave. If you don't know where that is, don't feel bad, neither did I. It's about halfway between Los Angeles and Mammoth Lakes. And boy is it a gem. On our way through on Friday I saw several things of note. Two interesting billboards. The first read, "Really good jerkey. 90 miles ahead in Olancha." It must be really good. I've never seen a sign advirtising jerkey 90 miles away...actually I don't think I've ever seen a sign advirtising jerkey. The second sign read: "Guns4Us." Kinda like Toys R Us for grownups who like the NRA, I guess. And then on our way home, the highway was backed up heading into the town. We sat at almost a dead standstill for about an hour only to find out it was due to the fact that the two traffic lights in town were both out thus causing the backup. I'm not sure if I feel sadder for me because I had to sit in traffic, or for the people who live there...because they live there.

No comments: